Vision, Mission, Philosophy & Aims
Our vision is for all our students to reach their full potential and positively impact the world.
Our mission is to provide a challenging, internationally based education that nurtures lifelong learners in a multicultural setting.
We believe that:
- education should inspire a love of learning and develop an inquiring mind;
- education should be broad, balanced and integrated, comprising academic, creative, physical, social and moral development;
- effective learning comes from the understanding of the concepts, content and practical skills in each area of study, then relating them to each other and applying them to the outside world;
- balancing academic learning with creative, physical and social activities is fundamental to the development of self-expression, self-discipline, independence, responsibility and self confidence;
- the engagement of the whole school community in social and environmental projects both within and beyond the school contributes to the development of informed, responsible and active citizens prepared to make a positive contribution to the world;
- the full potential of each individual in our educational community is achieved through commitment, dedication and the pursuit of excellence;
- an effective learning community stresses the highest moral standards and values. This requires mutual respect, honesty, fairness, tolerance, supportive relationships and teamwork of all students, staff, parents and members of the Board.
In order to fulfil its mission, the English Modern School aims to:
- Offer a broad, balanced, coherent and integrated curriculum that will prepare students for each stage of their education
- Offer a relevant curriculum where students are actively engaged in the learning process
- Recognize and develop the potential of each individual
- Provide a safe, stimulating, and friendly learning environment
- Develop each student’s oral and written fluency in English
- Provide opportunities for the development of individual student’s talents and interests
- Achieve appropriate and acceptable behaviour and moral standards through self discipline, supportive relationships and the sense of mutual respect and responsibility
- Encourage student responsibility and leadership, and involve students in the decision-making processes of the school where possible
- Take full advantage of our multi-cultural environment to enrich the learning experience
- Encourage a broad international perspective and a respect for other cultures and beliefs
- Involve parents in the life and development of the school