Vision, Mission & Internationalism
Our vision is for all our students to reach their full potential and positively impact the world.
Our mission is to provide a challenging, internationally based education that nurtures lifelong learners in a multicultural setting.
In order to fulfil its mission, The English Modern School aims to:
- Offer a broad, balanced, coherent and integrated curriculum that will prepare students for each stage of their education until university entrance
- Offer an appropriate and relevant curriculum where students are actively engaged in the learning process
- Recognize and develop the potential of each individual
- Provide a safe, stimulating, and friendly learning environment
- Develop each student’s oral and written fluency in English
- Provide opportunities for the development of individual student’s talents and interests
- Achieve appropriate and acceptable behaviour and moral standards through self discipline, supportive relationships and the sense of mutual respect and responsibility
- Encourage student responsibility and leadership, and involve students in the decision making processes of the school
- Take full advantage of our multicultural and multilingual environment to enrich the learning experience
- Encourage a broad international perspective and a respect for other cultures and beliefs
- Involve parents in the life and development of the school
STATEMENT ON INTERNATIONALISM
At English Modern School Doha we embrace internationalism through acceptance of differences, values and beliefs in our community. At EMS we believe that:
- Education inspires a love of learning and develops an enquiring mind. The full potential of each individual in the learning community is achieved through commitment, dedication and striving for excellence
- The education of students must be broad, balanced and integrated, and comprises academic, creative, physical, social and moral development
- Effective learning comes from the understanding of concepts, content and practical skills in each area of study and how these relate to each other and apply to the outside world
- Balancing academic learning with creative, physical and social activities is fundamental to the further development of pupils’ self-expression, self-discipline, independence, responsibility and self-confidence
- The engagement of the school in social and environmental projects both within and beyond the school contributes to the development of informed, responsible and active citizens.